- Hits: 16878
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision is to …
- Preserve the world heritage clipper ship City of Adelaide,
- Promote knowledge of this precious ship's heritage significance to South Australia, Australia and the international community,
- Enrich lives through an interpretative museum and community venue, and,
- Provide enjoyment for visitors to the maritime heritage tourist precinct of Port Adelaide and for the local community.
Our Mission is to save the historic clipper ship City of Adelaide and preserve the ship for future generations, by …
- Transporting the ship from Scotland to South Australia.
- Protecting and securing the ship under cover, and on land, in Port Adelaide.
- Developing an interpretive museum and community venue that educates, entertains and involves visitors.
- Providing visitors with an appreciation of …
- the unique construction of the ship,
- the traditional skills of the 19th century English shipbuilders,
- the traditional skills of the crew of the ship,
- the life on board for the passengers and crew,
- the trade importance of the clipper ships to the fledgling colony of South Australia in transporting goods, grain, wool, wine, copper and other commodities to the European markets,
- the great Clipper Races from Australia to the European markets.
- Linking to other related South Australian tourist destinations such as Port Augusta, Burra, the 'Copper Triangle' towns, the River Murray Paddle Steamers, the ships graveyard, the Migration Museum, and the SA Maritime Museum.
- Creating critical mass together with other local museums, heritage organisations and community groups.