Education kits may be reproduced free of charge for use and study within schools but they may not be reproduced (either in whole or in part) and offered for commercial sale.
We are keen to add additional education kits to our website. Please contact us if you are interested in developing education kits related to the clipper ship City of Adelaide.
Themes suitable for education kits related to the clipper ship City of Adelaide might include:
- Migration of English, Irish, Scottish and German people to South Australia.
- Migration of Cornish Miners to the copper mines in South Australia.
- Sea Transportion and Commerce.
- Ship construction - development of composite ships, and the transition of ships from wood to iron.
- Clipper Ships - the pinnacle of sailing ship design, and the transition of ships from sail to steam.
- Sailing Ships, Energy and the Environment - the use of alternative energies such as wind power - large ships used to be propelled by the wind.
- Shipbuilding in South Australia / Australia - from convict shipyards in Tasmania, through shipbuilding on rivers like the Clarence River, the Whyalla Shipyards and Defence shipyards, and modern shipbuilding facilities such as at TechPort for building Submarines and Air Warfare Destroyers.
- Navigation, astronomy and clocks.
- The timber trade between Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Copper mining in the Flinders Ranges and outback of South Australia.
- The South Australian wool and wheat industry.
- The dependence of the colony of South Australia (and other Australian colonies) on sailing ships.
- The 'Great Clipper Races' from Australia to England.